Thursday, March 10, 2016

Medicine Cabinet :: Bruises

So, Suzy stepped on my toe the other day - the weight of her front foot felt fully on my pinkie toe. Somehow just one toe. Here it is after a full day and nice rainbow of purple, blue and red.

I thought this would be a great chance to take a peak into our natural medicine cabinet.

350 lb pig - 1, my toe 0
Of course ice is a good call, but the other items in my medicine cabinet I grabbed for include arnica and lavender essential oil.

I always keep on hand a tube of arnica ointment to rub on bruises, bumps and strains. Arnica is also in my homeopathic medicines kit, which I will take internally to aid in healing. Lavender essential oil (EO) is a must have for your EO line up, I will apply it with or without the arnica rub.

Lavender is great for reducing inflammation and speeding up the healing process. (Plus, it smells great.)

Arnica is considered one of the best bruise remedies.

I have also decided to put this comfrey salve on my to-do list for this summer, for use for the humans and animals living here.

Other items you may consider include rosemary EO, aloe and comfrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment