Thursday, June 8, 2023

The Slow Down (part 2)

 


“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?”

Often quoted from Mary Oliver’s The Summer Day, but take it back a little bit more…

“I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?”

It’s more than tell me what you are going to do, it’s tell me how your going to enjoy it.

How are you going to feel it. Touch it. Taste it.

How are you going to SLOW DOWN and be it.

Fall down in the grass.

Get dirty. Get real. Say no. Let it all out. Take it all in. Don’t let it pass you by.

Life, free for the taking.

At the end of your years will people talk about how clean your house was? Or how free of weeds your garden was? No, they’ll remember your laugh, your spirit, in what ways you chose to slow down - fall down in the grass - how you embraced life.

How you opened the door with your loved ones to create moments and memories.

In this season of bountiful green and warmth there is much to remind us to stop and listen, to slow down, but we have to be willing as well.

Breathe deep and enjoy.

.

.

Inspired from The Slow Down (part 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment