Sunday, February 4, 2024

3 Things I'm Doing Differently for my Garden with This Weather

 





1.

2.

3.

Nothing. Is this weather weird, yes. Am I concerned? Not focusing on it. We live in Minnesota friends, we all know how the weather can change.
I’m going to plan my seeding and planting based on the average last frost date, as I usually do. I’ll monitor the soil temp and spring changes for planting on schedule, or early, as I normally do.
I’m going to try and grow and preserve as much from my garden as I normally do!! Because some years are bountiful and some are not. If I need to, I’ll fill in from other farmers at the market or the coop, as I usually do.
Is this climate change taking affect? Is this the new norm? I don’t think so and we don’t know. Think about the bounty of cold and snow of last winter - this is Minnesota friends. We have to be flexible. I’ve seen much fluctuation the last 13 winters on the farm - I’ve planted garlic in November, seen 80s in March, 15” of rain in June, not every winter has had a deep frost or bountiful snow.
So, plan the garden, keep stocking the pantry and be prepared for whatever is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment