Alternative Roots Farm apple butter is made with love, local and organic ingredients. We use only our organic apples, organic spices and it is now made with local honey from Moody Bees Farm (the only honey you should buy from now on ;). But what should you do with it besides putting it on toast?!
1. Top your oatmeal or pancakes! This is a great way to add some clean-eating sweetness to your breakfast routine.
2. Add it into baked goods. This is a great way to add some subtle apple pie flavor and make a great moist, delicious baked good. Think muffins, pancakes, bread and more!
3. Freeze into ice cubes. Toss the frozen ice cubes into your smoothie for a delicious apple pie flavor! Try it with bananas, almond milk and vanilla protein powder. This is also a great tip for using up apple butter that you aren't going to use up.
4. Spread on sweet potatoes. Dip sweet potato fries! Again, a great clean-eating option.
5. Yogurt topping. Drop a blob of apple butter in your yogurt, maybe add a squirt of Moody Bees Honey and enjoy a bowl of delicious yogurt of breakfast, a snack or healthy dessert! You can always add another dash of cinnamon or cardamom to add flavor and health benefits.
6. Muffin spread. Choose apple butter, instead of regular butter, for your next muffin indulgence. In summer it’s a great way to add flavor to those zucchini muffins. ;)
7. Add to your pork! Drop a dollop on your pork chop or loin.
8. PB & AB. Make a simple sandwich with apple and peanut butter - a double-butter sandwich. I think the kids will like this one!
9. Cottage cheese swirl. Drop a dollop in and swirl it into your cottage cheese.
10. Just eat it. Grab a spoonful of apple butter and enjoy the apple pie flavor. No guilt, just pure joy.
11. Add to roasted nuts. Drizzle over nuts that have been warmed in the oven and enjoy.
12. Top that ice cream! Add some natural goodness to your bowl of ice cream. Feel free to warm it up.
BBQ Bonus tip from a customer! Put a jar of apple butter, a jar of BBQ sauce and an ARF pork roast in the slow cooker, HEAVEN!!!
Made with Organic apples, local honey and organic spices. Apple butter is a clean eating treat!